terça-feira, 15 de dezembro de 2009

Salvation... the most precious gift !

Last week I was reading the bible when I saw a very interesting passage in the book of psalms and it made me think really seriously about the way we've been guiding our life.

The text was Psalms 49, and the part that got my attention was this:

" 16 Do not be overawed when a man grows rich,
when the splendor of his house increases;


17 for he will take nothing with him when he dies,
his splendor will not descend with him.

18 Though while he lived he counted himself blessed—
and men praise you when you prosper-

19 he will join the generation of his fathers,
who will never see the light of life .


20 A man who has riches without understanding
is like the beasts that perish."


This text made me think about the great amount of people that are living under the "Gospel of the Prosperity" nowadays...

And I also thought about the modern 'pursuit of fame' fever, which can be seen in the great amount of people willing to participate on reality shows, wanting to be actors, singers, or simply 'famous for at least 15 minutes'...

I was thinking about this and I got to the conclusion that in 100 years it won't matter how rich you were, how famous or acknowledged by your accomplishments you were, it won't help you at all...


" No man can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for him-

the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough -
that he should live on forever
and not see decay."
(Psalms 49:7-9)

Do you want an example of it ?
Solomon !


He was a very rich, wise and famous man, but he saw it was not enough...

"I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind."
(Ecclesiastes 1:14)

So, Do You think your happy ?

Good, but remember that your happiness doesn't mean your saved !

You're rich ?

Don't rely on your money to save you !

Salvation is something that only can be achieved by faith...


And faith alone in Jesus Christ !

And this faith have to be strong enough to persevere even when things are difficult, when you're not being very happy, when you're financial situation isn't going well...

" Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God MY SAVIOR."
Habakkuk 3:17-18

I pray that we can say like Paul (the apostle said):

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
(Philippians 4:12-13)

May God bless you in the name of Jesus Christ !

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário